Forum

IPTV FORUM

Register

Kodi vs Setup box Mag 254
Read 3951 times
* April 26, 2015, 11:16:13 AM
Hi everyone,

I recently started to be interested in IPTV.
I found some good (private servers) and public M3U files which I used to load with Kodi on my macbook air.

The streams itself work well without buffering however I am not happy with the quality. If it's Sd it watchable when i can the window small, but on full screen it's not very pretty. HD is better but even full screen it's not pleasant to watch.

Now my question is if this would be a better quality if I had a setup box like the Mag 254.

Does anyone have experience in both and can you tell me if there is any difference using the same servers?

April 26, 2015, 11:18:40 AM
They stream fine here. i do have 50mb down.

* April 26, 2015, 11:34:52 AM
The stream it self is not the issue. It's fluent in playing, but the quality is basicly only HD when you keep it in the small(preview) screen. As soon I make it full screen it loses so much quality that it's not even SD, but worse.

I have optic fibre 100 Mbit down and I checked the speed with kodi and it's more as 75 Mbit a sec which is fast enough for anything.

I just wanna know if an setup box like the mag 254 is giving you higher resolution/better quality while using the same host/server.

* May 06, 2015, 09:21:26 PM
Most likely not because in most cases the source is low quality. When you make it bigger your just strech in the original resolution.

May 07, 2015, 12:41:17 PM
Ive noticed this too... but if the stream is 480i and you're blowing up on a 64 inch led... its going to look blurry.  no matter what you do.  Its the streams quality from the jump.