Forum

IPTV FORUM

Register

Kodi on Rikomagic MK802 III Dual Core Android 4.1
Read 5279 times
* April 25, 2015, 12:30:21 PM
hi everyone .. im a bit new to this universe .. but trying to make my way up ..

i have a question, i dug up a old android stick i have the

Rikomagic MK802 III Dual Core Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Mini PC Rockchip RK3066 1.6Ghz Cortex A9 1GB RAM 8G ROM HDMI

now, i have downloaded KODI on it .. but i have not been able to use it .. basically ... when i click on settings (to set up the needed) the menu simply does not load ... now i am guessing that either my android mini pc is not powerful enough (would be the obvious reason) or the android version is old ...

has anyone tried using this mini pc ? if yes any luck ?

thanks

* April 25, 2015, 10:47:42 PM
Confused by what you mean about settings. You should be able to load kodi or xbmc 13.2 with no issue. I don't recall if there is a beed to install mx player. But it should still come up and run. Please give more details.

* April 26, 2015, 10:37:40 AM
sorry for the confusion ..

everytime i load kodi on the stick .. it simply takes some time to load .. then when i try to click on settings (within kodi) it simply does not load .. i get a black screen then the app crashes and i am back at the home page ...

it could be that my android stick (stated model above) is simply not powerful enough to load kodi ?

April 26, 2015, 11:21:10 AM
Try loading gotham instead of kodi and see if it even comes up. if it does you can then install an external player like mxplayer. Looks like you have the old version of the mk802. Also, see if you have the latest firmware.

* April 26, 2015, 11:29:11 AM
thanks .. any links for downloading gotham ?

April 26, 2015, 12:12:21 PM