Forum

IPTV FORUM

Register

Setting up a Guide
Read 6394 times
April 23, 2015, 02:51:37 PM
So I have been tinkering with KODI for just a short time, and have configured my system with what I would consider the most popular Video Addons.  Live TV is configured and working, but now I am looking for a simple GUIDE. 

I haven't been able to get any of the EPGs to work, but I did DL the FTV GUIDE and love it's sleek look.  I know there are a few more Guides out there, but I just have FTV Guide for now.  Is there an easy way to configure FTV Guide?

When I try to configure a channel (selecting the channel and pressing "C") I get 3 options:

1) .strm file
2)Favorites
3)Addons

The kicker for me is that when I select 'ADDONS' I see other Addons except the ones I want to use. 

Is there a way I can for example:

1) Configure BBC News
2) Use the BBC News link from Navi X or even from my PVR IPTV Simple Client?

This is the part whee I am hitting a wall.  I'm sure it's just my lack of knowledge of how the links and addons work.

Long story short, how the hell can I get a decent GUIDE where I can configure my favorite channels from either my favorite or multiple Addons?  Is there a Wizard available?

What do you all use for a guide?

* April 25, 2015, 09:32:19 AM
You need to install Total installer. Once Total Installer is installed you need to install the following add-ons. If you already have all of them installed then click this link to move onto the next step.

FTV Guide
Playlist Loader
Free Streams
F.T.V
TV Player
VDubT25
BBTS
Phoenix
You may already have some or all of these installed which will save you a few minutes. If you don't and have never used Total Installer then here is a quick guide to show you how to get an add-on using it.

Select PROGRAMS

Select TR Total Installer

Select Search For Addons

Select Manual Search

Type the name of the add-on you want to install and select Done

Select the add-on that corresponds with what you need. Sometimes there will be more than one option.

Select Install (Name of Addon)

Select OK

Select OK

The addon will now install. Repeat this process for any of the other addons that you need for this guide and then move on to the next step

Here is the next step:

Select PROGRAMS

Select FTV Guide

Let FTV Guide setup

Exit FTV Guide
You now need to download the following files:

Settings.xml
Addons2.ini

We now need to delete the settings.xml & addons.ini files from the FTV Guide addon. This is the part of the guide where Roger uses the file manager method to delete files from the FTV Guide directory & then replace them with the files we have downloaded. What I am going to do is show the location of the script.ftvguide on each type of device so you can go to that location and delete those 2 files which we will then replace. The path used in this guide is for Kodi. If you are using XBMC change Kodi to XBMC (on OS X) or xbmc (on everything else)

OS X

/Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.ftvguide

Windows

Click Start & type %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.ftvguide press <Enter>

OpenELEC

/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.ftvguide

Android

Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.ftvguide

Linux

~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.ftvguide

In there you will see five files

Delete addons.ini & settings.xml from there and replace with the addons2.ini & settings.xml that we downloaded

Move on to the next step

Select PROGRAMS

Highlight - DO NOT SELECT - FTV Guide

Open the Context Menu (C on your keyboard, right click your mouse or press the menu button on your remote) & select Addon Settings

In Source set addons.ini selection to Custom File

Select addons.ini file

You now need to navigate to the location of the addons2.ini file which you added to the FTV Guide directory. The path for that on your device can be found above. When you get to the file select it

Select Reset Database > Yes, Reset Database

Select OK

Select OK again

We are pretty much setup, but now you need to assign channels to the EPG.

Select PROGRAMS

Select FTV Guide

Let TV Guide load

The easiest way to start assigning channels is by doing the following:

Select a channel

Select Choose stream

Select Addons

Scroll through the add-ons to find a suitable addon to use. The addons.ini file that has been created will only include the add-ons that you have downloaded using this guide.

Scroll through the channel list to find the corresponding channel

To check if the add-on stream is working select Preview stream

You will now see a preview of the channel

Select Save if everything is OK

You must now repeat this for EVERY channel. Occasionaly you will select a channel and the guide will show a message saying two add-ons have this channel; select the add-on you prefer and assign the channel.

You will not be able to assign every single channel as the add-ons don't have all the channels. What is recommended is to find streams for the missing channels and then save them as a favourite. You can then assign a favourite to a channel by doing the following

Select a channel

Select Choose stream

Select Favourites

Scroll through your Favourites to find the corresponding stream/channel

To check if the stream is working select Preview stream

You will now see a preview of the channel

Select Save if everything is OK

* April 26, 2015, 08:30:55 AM
Going to ask a dumb question but just where do we download the Settings.xml
Addons2.ini ?

April 26, 2015, 12:15:56 PM

* April 26, 2015, 10:42:24 PM
Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

* April 29, 2015, 04:44:56 PM
I am unable to proceed following your instructions on my Raspberry Pi2 (Openelec):

You now need to navigate to the location of the addons2.ini file which you added to the FTV Guide directory. The path for that on your device can be found above. When you get to the file select it

>> I am unable to navigate to "/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.ftvguide"
>> The .kodi directory is not visible within the storage directory within the ftvguide configuration. I was able to copy the Settings.xml and Addons2.ini files as instructed, using WinSCP. So I know the directory exists, it must be hidden to KODI.

Select Reset Database > Yes, Reset Database

>> I don't see an option to Reset Database

* May 09, 2015, 02:58:18 PM
Thanks Scarface!

@tee2dream :
about the hidden files, go to system --- appearance---file lists --- and check show hidden files and directories
and to reset the database, presuming that you are using confluence , once you are at the Add-on settings, you should move to the right, after notifications (it is the 5th option of 4 visible)